When author Gary Smalley asked 100 people to share how they knew they’d received their parents’ blessing, they offered these memories of fatherly love:
• My father put his arm around me at church and let me lay my head on his shoulder.
• When my father faced a transfer at work,he purposely took another job so I could finish my senior year in high school.
• When I wrecked my parents’ car,my father’s first reaction was to hug me and let me cry instead of yelling at me.
• My father went with me to the store when I had to return a purchase I regretted.
• My father let me practice pitching to him for a longtime after work. • My father cried during my wedding because he was going to miss me being at home.